Friday, May 1, 2009

A long day's hike

OK, I'm going to try and sleep most of the day today, because at 8:00 PM tonight I leave for Hibernia, N.J. I'm driving with some friends from work. We'll get there at about 1:00 AM, have breakfast and then be dropped on the Appalachian Trail at about 2:30 AM.

Then we'll walk from around the Delaware Water Gap to around High Point, N.J., a distance of about 44 miles. You can click on the map below to see the trail or you can read about this trip here. One of the people in our group has completed this hike before. It took her about 15 hours. I see no reason to believe that I can do more than 20-25 miles of the trip. After that I'll wait in the vans that will be meeting us at all the road crossings until every one else finishes.

Mostly I'm looking forward to eating at the diner at 1:00 AM. That sounds like fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment